Workshop for ALL Hog Exhibitors for the 2014 Berkeley County Youth Fair
Friday May 2nd – 6:00 PM at the Berkeley County Youth Fairgrounds
Topics of discussion will include:
- Overview of PEDv for Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus
- Understanding Bio-Security
- Bio-Security Protocol for 2014 Berkeley County Youth Fair Exhibitors, Parents, and the public.
- How to register your market hog for the 2014 Berkeley County Youth Fair
(including your DNA kit which will be given out at Friday evening’s workshop.)
- How to complete your market hog animal record guide and 2014 Youth Quality Assurance requirements.
- Review important Dates and Times for hog exhibitors
- Hog Show Update
- Hog Sale and how under/over-weight hogs will be sold.
- Q & A
Extension Master Gardener Program is now accepting applications
The 2014 Berkeley/Jefferson County Extension Master Gardener classes will be offered from 12:30 – 4:00 PM on Mondays, beginning August 25, at the WVU Tree Fruit Research and Education Center in Kearneysville. The course will cover many aspects of horticulture, including soils, botany, plant diseases, insects and pests, fruits, home gardens (vegetable and flower), landscape design and composting. Applications are due by noon on July 7, 2014. More information and application is available HERE.
Seasonal links from WVU Extension:
“Ask the WVU Extension Expert” sessions – Wednesdays noon until 1 p.m. visit WVU-ES Facebook